Testing the F10 at the Aquarium (10 pictures)

Started Sep 19, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
w
w
Regular MemberPosts: 138
Like?
Testing the F10 at the Aquarium (10 pictures)
Sep 19, 2005

I had just received my new F10 a few days ago and I wanted to test it's low light abilities. Since I was in Baltimore at the time, I stopped by the Baltimore Aquarium, figuring that between the low light and the moving targets, it would be a pretty challenging test. Here are some of the results. Keep in mind that I only had the camera for a few days and only had 48mb of xd memory so I used the 3mp mode for most of these pictures. I didn't use a tripod, but used other objects to brace or hold the camera when possible. These images are cropped and resized, but otherwise, straight out of the camera. Comments are welcome.

f/3.4 3.2 sec 80iso

f/2.8 1/6sec 80iso

f/2.8 1/5sec 200iso

f/2.8 1/9sec 400iso

f/2.8 1/6sec 100iso

f/2.8 1.5sec 100iso

f/2.8 1/45sec 100iso

f/2.8 1/4sec 800iso

f/2.8 0.3sec 800iso

f/2.8 1/35sec 200iso

The pictures were taken mostly in night mode (even though it may say landscape mode in the exif info) I've been extremely impressed by the resolution and sensitivity of this camera, but somewhat dissapointed by some of the programmed limitations. I will probably use it in conjuction with my Canon S400, choosing one or both, depending on the situation.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow