Started Sep 18, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Garreth
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Cameras for skiers?
Sep 18, 2005

Hey all another annoying "what camera should I buy question..." But after nearly 20 hours of searching on the internet I´m at a bit of a loss. And I think there are other people out there who think like me and could benefit from this thread. I´ll try to keep my question simple/short.

Basically I´m someone who does a LOT of skiing, especially out of resorts. I also like to take a lot of pictures of skiing as well as of the mountains. My camera requirements are...
1) 6 MP or more so that I can blow the photos up or crop in

2) more than 2 frame per second in burst mode so that I can actually get the shots I want when people are in the air. As well as a fast shutter delay.
3) A bit durable so that it can travel with me, though I am careful.

4) Small enough that the size or weight does not prevent me from bring the camera into the hills.

I have a lot of other things I´d like but those are my only absolute requirements. I have a Casio Exilim EX-P600 which I loved, but unfortunately it was designed for people who live in glass houses both myself as well as MANY other people (I know and from CNet reviews) have had problems with this camera.

I have been looking at these cameras...

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9 (lacks an optical viewfinder so may not be able to aim in high speed burst).
Olympus c7070 (a bit big)
Olympus c7000 (which I hear can be slow shutter speeds)
Sony Cybershot DSC-V3 (also potentially big)

Panasonic Lumix Lx1 (isn´t actually out yet, but perhaps would meet my needs if it proves durable).

Anyone have any thoughts or advice, thanks!
-Gar

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow