Started Aug 24, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Baldyone
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
For the Record
Aug 24, 2005

I know that my previous forum was very controversial.

I said that I bought a Rebel XT, being a Nikon user for 20+ years. But that Rebel XT was just a travel camera I had to get and I did not get the kit, instead I got the EF 24-85 lens, much better lens.

The reason I posted that is to give the Nikon world a little shake up. Why? Because I am a little disappointed how Nikon releases their products. I have been waiting for a great Nikon Digital without having to pay $3,000 to $5,000 for it. I hope they remove that WB encryption from the NEFs. And I wish they included Nikon Capture with the camera kit. Having Photoshop CS, I did not know that Photoshop CS was able to read NEFs from some Nikons, but I must say - that is good. I hope that they come out with something like a (D80) with at least 8.2MP, full of features like the D70, and with a price tag not more than $1,200 for a kit.

I love Nikon, and my Nikon gear has been waiting for the right camera that suits me. I hope that the next camera will be the one, since I have not bought a Nikon digital yet.

One question for those that have a Nikon DSLR and have older lenses. Since I have a large collection of Nikkor glass e.g. (80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF), (105mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor), (300mm f/4D ED-IF AF Nikkor), etc, Are those older non-DX or non- G lenses sharp? Any problem with the focusing?

Os...

Previous forum link.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=14735166

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow