Started Aug 19, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thomas1973
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,477
Like?
Happy 1st Anniversary, D70! :-) .... [16 imgs]
Aug 19, 2005

I was just thinking of when I bought my D70 late last June, and what a thrill it was. It's been just over a year now, so I thought I would celebrate with posting some of the images the D70 has helped me take and make over this first year:

I used to have a film SLR, and I was a bit worried about the change to digital, but I've never regretted it. I've rather been very happy I did make the switch, as I've learned more in the past year about photography, composition, light, lenses and technique, than I have the whole time with film. Thanks to digital, I've been free to experiment, and to learn, with an immediate feedback and at no running cost. And in Photoshop I've been free to experiment with color and contrast, B&W conversions, crops, sharpening, you name it. Things that would've taken hours in a conventional darkroom - not to mention a lot more experience and knowledge. Sometimes I do miss the feel of film, but I would never go back. The D70 was the first DSLR that had the price and the specs to make me decide to make the move. The 'film SLR' feel of the D70 helped a lot in the transition, with its handling and responsiveness so alike a conventional SLR. It's just a great imaging tool!

So I thought it would be nice to celebrate the year I've spent with the D70 like this. If anybody else out there has a D70 that's about a year old, then feel free join in! I'd love to see what you and your D70 have been up to these last twelve months

Thomas.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OsloNew
Yup!New
HeheNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow