Started Jul 28, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fivedock
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
z750 or P700?
Jul 28, 2005

I want a 'go anywhere' camera with good features.

I really like the feel and construction of the Casio P700, however note that its a bit older than the z750 that has a pretty comparable spec except for lens and what appears to be build compromises (e.g. plastic tripod mount, small viewfinder). I also note that the Z750 is getting some pretty good wraps on image quality, however the image quality is not rated against the P700 (which in principle has a better lens?).

I have also been looking at the Sony V3, however have just about eliminated it due to its size (I plan to get a Nikon DSLR when[ever] they release the next round). I have also eliminated the Canon SD500 (due to lack of control) and the Canon S-70 (not really pocketable and want more tele).

So far in this forum I can't find any comment on whether the Z750 is an update for the P700 and the 'P' model is simply on the way out, or whether the P700 and the Z750 are two different cameras in the Casio line up (software is cheap, build quality is not).

Would really appreciate some feedback on this question.
--
Dave

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow