Started Jul 27, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cynthia
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
S70 or SD500 struggling! Input needed!
Jul 27, 2005

I am new to this board and I know this must have been discussed to death so I apologized but I have searched and read and need some input from those who either have these cameras or know more than I do. I need to buy a new camera within the next 2 weeks. I had been hoping that a new version of the S70 would come out and that would probably make my decison for me. I have a 300D but rarely drag it along with me so I want a good point and shoot and something I can also take some short movies with. I will mainly be using this camera to take photos of my 5 year old , vacation stuff etc. I know alot about photography so could use a camera with manual controls the question is will I? What I love about the SD500.. its small size.. its DigicII processer cause its FAST.. what I love about S70.. the 28mm lens and the manual control.. although my guess is I will use this primarily as a point and shoot.. however having the option is great.. So....how slow is the s70.. vs the SD500.. It seems like an impossible decision.. any and all input appreciated! thanks..I'm not sure I should let size dicatate too much as this will almost always go in a backbag or bag ..I just want the best camera for taking photos of my kid! thanks..

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow