Started Jul 25, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YorkM
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
Request for new tweener D-SLR
Jul 25, 2005

EOS-1D MK2 is fine, however, I cannot manage the weight with 70-200 IS f2.8 lens and the 8mp needs improvements.

On the other hand, EOS-20D is good for weight, EF and EF-S lens compatibility, however, its diamond af sensor position is embarassing.
In addition, Canon should adapot a dust cleaning function asap.

As a new tweener, I am ready to pay $3000-3500 with the specs of :

1. Body size and weight is similar to 20d but should include built-in vertical grip. This may help to giver larger LCD display with 1D MK2 resolution.
Anti-dust and water drop proof is same as 1D MK2.

2.1.6 sensor is acceptable, can use EF and EF-S lens.

3. AF points should be 45, same as 1D MK2, with the customize points preset and eye control. Choosing the customize preset, all af point selection is limited to the preset point group.

4. Pellicle mirror should be used. This will solve dust problem to make it fully closed from the fixed mirror to sensor. This also help to prevent ghost ocurred by the reflection of sensor surface to lens because the reflected ghost will be refelted at pellicle mirror and the reflected image will go to the diffrent direction which will not disturb any image.

I donot request faster fps, 20d level is enough but expect more continuous shots, especially RAW mode. Close to 1D MK2 is OK.

This is just ny expectaitons and you may have different opinion.
York

YorkM's gear list:YorkM's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow