Started Jul 12, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rolland elliott
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
Using 220mL carts w/ Epson 2400 printer CIS system
Jul 12, 2005

Well I cannot stand babysitting printers when the ink cartridges run out.

I also can't stand paying twice the price for tiny ink cartridges when I can buy it in bulk for a lot less.

So I created a solution.

Bought the following:
A continuous ink system from http://www.inkrepublic.com for the Epson 2400
220ml Ink jet cartridges with nice Epson K3 ultrachrome ink in them.
bought some taper tips from weink:

http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/vacuum_assist_tool_replacement_taper_tips_4380617.htm

And lastly you will need some picture frame hangers or washers from your local hardware store and some water proof glue like "seal all" or "goop for plumberes).

First cut off about 1/4" from the ends of the taper tips. The tips go into the epson 220ml cartridges 5/8" I measured this off the epson 4000 printer I own.

Then put a washer or in my case I had some picture framing hooks that I flattended out and put on the end.
Here is a picture of a new tip and a finished end.

Next insert the end of the ink republic tube into the tip and seal the edge with glue. Looks something like this:

The epson 220ml carts use a spring loaded automatic shut off valve.

Do not insert pointed needles or other sharp objects into the cartridge or you will break the seal mechanism.

Since it is spring loaded you will need to some how secure the tubing to stay in, other wise it will just pop out

The reason for the washer is to give you something to grab onto. The reason for the tip is to provide a hard tube to insert into the cartridge.

Simply tape the waster to the cartridge. This is just a sample picture. When I finsih the project I will probably use some epoxy moulding clay (available in plumbing section of home depot) to make the connection rock solid.

Ink now will flow smoothly into your printer once you prime it up.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
50%New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow