HP Photosmarts get individual inks (and more)

Started Jul 11, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MFfan310
Regular MemberPosts: 208
Like?
HP Photosmarts get individual inks (and more)
Jul 11, 2005

BREAKING NEWS from photo-i:

HP is coming out with a new Canon-killer tomorrow: the Photosmart 8250, billed by HP as "the fastest home photo printer in the world". According to HP, this six-ink printer will print out a 4x6 in 14 seconds thanks to a new 3,900-nozzle fixed printhead (a radical departure from the in-cartridge printheads in previous Photosmarts). Even better, like the Photosmarts with tri-color cartridges, this printer uses HP Vivera inks, so your prints will still last 108+ years (on HP Premium and Premium Plus photo papers). The printer also features automatic red-eye removal and Adaptive Lighting features, as well as PictBridge and memory card slots.

HP is also introducing HP Advanced Photo Paper (called simply HP Photo Paper in Europe) with the new printer. The new paper is a nanoporous media that takes advantage of HP's Auto Sense technology that automatically detects what photo paper you're using, adjusting the print settings accordingly. (HP's swellable polymer Everyday, Premium, and Premium Plus photo papers will continue to be available.)

The price? HP USA isn't announcing the printer until 8:30 AM EST tomorrow, but given the GBP199/EUR199 pricetag in the UK and Europe, I expect the price in the US to be $199 US.

So, I guess that "truth about ink waste" video isn't so true after all?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow