Started Jul 8, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary Grundy
Contributing MemberPosts: 967Gear list
Like?
Not so Nice - Online order 8080
Jul 8, 2005

So here's the story if you care to read it. I tried to order an 8080 from Nice Electronics when Beach was out of stock. I have ordered successfully from Beach a few times before trying Nice.

June 9th The first salesman hung up on me when I didn't wish to buy accessories - just the camera at $449.99. I ordered online anyway and supplied all the information. Marty P. e-mailed me back claiming to need to verify the information.

June 10th I told him about the hang up but that I was willing to discuss accessories with him. After listening to his version of the products and prices it was apparent that I wouldn't be interested in additional purchases at this time. I thanked Marty and told him Camera only (he said it was available?) and asked for delivery. Marty said 7 to 14 days.. I checked my order status on the web 2 hours later and the price is different from my invoice. The product isn't listed but the price now is over $604.96. I called Marty for the 4th time and left a message again. I assume this will be corrected or properly explained shortly. Should I not hear from you and have a satisfactory experience finally then you may expect that I will take steps to rectify the problem myself and protect myself and others from such errors in business practice. Once again please respond promptly as I'm assuming that you are unaware of this error.

June 15th From Friday till the following Wednesday I could not get a response from Customer service or Marty, email or phone. Wednesday 5:12pm the order was picked up for shipping and Wednesday 7:56pm after close of business Customer Service emails that the order was shipped and Marty will correct errors.

June 20th Five days later the package arrives with two extra items not ordered and $200CND extra charges (plus GST/PST and brokerage - undisputed). I refused the package. Marty then finally accepts my call when he denies his fraud and says I can’t return the package. Shipment is held up until I talk to customer service which says they will process a full refund after they receive the package back.

July 1st One week after they get the package back I call and am promised a credit today.

July 6th Five days later I get the credit $65CND less than I paid. Visa says all but $14.99 USD shipping is exchange charges but they will dispute this with the retailer.

The up shot is 1 month of waiting, no cameras left at most reliable retailers, hours to dispute this and still out $65. You make your decision as to how Nice this retailer is to deal with. I would like them to review Marty P’s call and fire him at the very least. This is the only bad experience I have had with online ordering but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Further I don’t feel that TD Visa was very helpful except to help themselves to exchange fees and make the process long and difficult. To get to the dispute reps you have to wend your way, repeating yourself, through their phone maze and you can only communicate data through fax not email.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Gary

Gary Grundy's gear list:Gary Grundy's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6 Sony DT 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow