Started Jul 6, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sweetchops
Regular MemberPosts: 292
Like?
S2-IS photos
Jul 6, 2005

Had my S2 for a day now and had the opportunity to take some shots. Shooting conditions were not ideal with very bright conditions. I normally shoot with a 300D and the S2 is a very impressive camera. Obviously not as clean and clear as the 300D, but at web level there is not much too it. It takes some used to going back to a p&s but I find S2 very easy to use with almost no lag if you prefocus. I bought the S2 to use on my hiking trips as I was finding the 300D and 4 lenses too much to carry around all the time. So I now have a walkabout camera that is with me at all times and gives me the reach I like with the 12x optical zoom. There is def purple fringing in high contrast situations but you need to zoom into the image and look for it.

I have chose some very contrasty situations with reagrds to light and dark and it performed pretty well.

The images have all been post processed for sharpening and levels. All have been resized. I shot mainly in P mode at 50ISO and all hand held. The black dog pic had a tad shadows/highlights adjusment on the fur only. The two girls on the beach is a 100% crop. The xray is super macro against a lightbox.

the link is:

http://www.pbase.com/craigsyd/canon_s2is

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow