Started Jun 30, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dwill23
Senior MemberPosts: 1,214Gear list
Like?
New 1d mark II already?
Jun 30, 2005

Why does everyone think that my EOS 1D mark II (8.2mp) will be replaced this Aug, when that's only 1.5 years on the market, and the 1st 1D 4.1mp was out over 2 years? It would seem, if they stay on track, they wouldn't come out with a new 1d 'til next feb of next year, making it 2 years.

Also, why do people think the 20d will be replaced this Aug, when it's only been out for 1 year? I've owned the

D30
D60
10D &
20D

... and they are ALWAYS 18 months apart. So that would mean the replacement for the 20d wouldn't be 'til Feb of next year.

Is there anything more than just rumors about a new 1d? I would guess both mark II cameras (16 & 8mp) would be replaced at nearly the same time. Because if a mark III came out, i think it would hurt the fairly new 16mp 1ds2, for fear of a soon replacement.

I would love to see a 20mega pixel, full frame, 5fps, with a sports option of 10mp @10 fps, still useing the full frame, (just useing 50% of the pixels).

Thanks guys,
Dave W.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow