model shoot

Started Jun 26, 2005 | Discussions thread
Nikonparrothead
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,937Gear list
Like?
Re: model shoot
In reply to vantheman, Jun 27, 2005

Pretty girl, interesting shot, nice cleavage. That's all it says to me though.

The "frame" makes it look a little voyeuristic, like you were shooting so ti would seem like the viewer is looking from a balcony through binocualrs -- if that's the effect you were going for, then you succeeded.

Matt is right, there is a problem that there's only one shot. There's no way to tell what else you're going for. It doesn't tell me anything about the bathing suit -- so it's not fashion. It's not a uniquelly flattering pose of the girl (makes her left thigh look fat) so it's not really glamour.

There is nice texture in her face and the parts of her torso above the water and some detail in her hair, though it kind of blends into your frame at the bottom.

I can't really tell but, from the apparent shadow under the chin, it looks like you had either an off-camera light souce or flash on the left side. I'm not sure if you wouldn't have been better served with the light on the right -- but you may have lost detail/texture in the collar bone.

I also liked the way the left knee and right shoulder brings the viewer's eye (well at least my eye) over to the girl's face.

That's about it. Pardon the choppiness but I was clicking back and forthe from the pic to this entry. Also I'm I "photojournalism guy" and not an "art guy" so I'm sure I missed the mark from the viewpoint of any artists.

Good luck, and post more.

Take care,

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Nikonparrothead's gear list:Nikonparrothead's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D3S +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow