ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sergei_cinci
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Olympus c8080wz quality problems?
Jun 21, 2005

Hi,

I've had an Olympus c8080WZ for several months now and I must say that in all this time except for a few macro shots, I haven't had adequate quality in many of the pictures I've taken.

Here's an example of something:

. This picture is about 3.5 megabytes and I took it at the highest possible resolution.

If you look at it at 100%, you will probably see that while the foreground is relatively sharp, the background is not very impressive to say the least. For example, the words "Farm Fresh Produce" or the black window underneath those words have some graininess or noise or something. So do the bricks, especially under the "Meat and Deli".

This is not the first picture that I have a problem with. It's happened before. I always chalked it off to something else. An interesting thing is that if I reduce the picture to 1024x768, most of these artifacts become almost invisible. But I would like to get to the bottom of this and see if I can do something.

The camera as you know received very good reviews in a lot of places, including dpreview and I'm baffled why I can't get the described outstanding quality.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Sergei

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow