Started Jun 14, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phyl
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
8080 & Macro shots
Jun 14, 2005

I have a great desire to take macro shots... and so far a great inability to actually do so! No matter how hard I try I can't seem to get pictures that are "close enough" to the subject. I'm hoping for a quick pointer or two to get me going.

I bought a 10x macro lense. Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to focus with it, not automatically (cam seems to focus on the dust in front of the item rather than the item itself in AF mode), nor in manual mode (won't let me focus closer than 8" which is at the bottom of the MF slider).

I've had the camera set on macro and super macro with and without the 10x lense.

I'm trying to take pictures inside of an aquarium so that affects the closest I could possibly be to an object without using the zoom capabilities of the lens (which I've fussed with but not had great results with)

Anything you could throw me on how to get "close enough" would be greatly appreciated.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow