Started Jun 11, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GorinP
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Double Flash ?
Jun 11, 2005

I;ve seen alot of low light / bar, club photography where the flash is activated with a delay after the shuttter has gone off. Which allows for the ambient light, like stage lights and club lights and stuff like that to be captured, and then the actual subject gets illuminated and frozen in motion. be it a band, or someone dancing.

I was wondering if there was a way to do that with just the onboard flash, mainly because im already over my head with my d70+kit in terms of price haha, i cant buy a flash just yet.

So the other day I went to a concert, and setting the camera to mode P, and then turning the flash on produces a double flash.... i found this realy weird. Actualy the final photo turns out just the way I kind of wanted it originaly. But this double flash only shoots when the subject is realy dark, poorly lit. When shooting someone on stage it just shoots once, probably due to an abundance of light already present.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this phenomenon occur to them. If so, could you elaborate a bit for me, since I'm a little confused.
Here is one of the photos where the double flash goes off.

( keep in mind that when I ( dunno about you ) shoot with just M or A or S modes or even Auto, and have my onboard flash activated, It works just like a realy bad quality flash haha. Destroys ambient light, and lights the subject in a realy gross manner. Which is normal for onboard flash which is being used for anything else but a fill flash on a bright sunny day haha. So im not sure what the case is here )

Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow