Flat view
Jo Lovell
Regular MemberPosts: 225
Like?
Incredible PS bank note recognition!
Jun 5, 2005

Hi,

Just a curiosity -

I took a 'test' photo today with an old lens to check it was still functioning correctly. A small part of my shot (20 percent or so) included a part of a 5 Euro note which I had left over from holiday - plenty of fine detail! When I tried to convert the RAW image in PhotoShop CS it told me that PhotoShop would not allow the conversion becasue bank notes are copyrighted, and it directed me to http://www.rulesforuse.org .

I don't have any problem with this - there are plently other detailed things i can find - but what I want to know is, as the note was small in the frame, badly lit, a little crumpled and only partially visible how the heck was it recognised?! That's some very impressive auto recognition sofrtware!

(Luckily, as it happens, Nikon Capture converted without any warning) Just wondered if anyone knew anything about how this kind of thing works - I was just astounded that it recognised the note!

Regards,

Jo

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow