My new hp 9800

Started May 19, 2005 | Discussions thread
ron_9
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,682Gear list
Like?
Re: My new hp 9800
In reply to Jonathan Statt, Jun 4, 2005

It's now a couple of weeks later with the hp9800 and yes it will only hold two cartridges at a time but the prints are exactly what I'm after, the quanity of 13x19(I print at 10x16) are running approx 10-12 B&W per photo black cartridge. this cartridge(hp100) is slightly smaller than the 8750's, though the same viveria inks. I also wonder about so called 3 cartridge printing(excluding the new blue w/ the 8750). I have printed mono, straight B&W, vivid colored shots, all are coming in right on the money and I used the 7960 for some time which has the 3 cartridge configuration and I can't tell the difference even using the same file "negative". It's just that I took the extra $200 and purchased more paper, inks, sleeves, frames, etc. etc, of course that was a lot more than $200 I have a little show in Janurary and I have had small art shows in the past and I will not be embarassed by what this printer is putting out. I really am enjoying it, even if it doesn't have some of the smaller photo goodies. In 3 years when someone has that huge break through and something equal to say the impact of the D70 has had comes out, I will buy it in a flash. My opinion is that of just a serious amateur and not a pro(I would go to a 130 or bigger for that), but the Hp9800 has a lot of bang for the buck for me. Ain't it fun---------ron s.

-- hide signature --

Seeing and being aware are not the same!!!

ron_9's gear list:ron_9's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow