Tokina 12/24 does Toronto architecture...

Started May 31, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rob J.
Contributing MemberPosts: 508
Like?
Tokina 12/24 does Toronto architecture...
May 31, 2005

Toronto has a festival each spring called "Doors Open" that allows the public access to buildings that are normally off limits to public use. It is an amazing opportunity to see and photograph the great history of this city through its buildings. Here are some, all with the Tokina 12/24...

The Canada Life insurance building...

A column in the interior of Osgoode Hall, The legal hub of Ontario. (Notice the distortion the Tokina shows in the curvature of the tiles.)

A cieling in Osgoode Hall...

The library inside Osgoode Hall:

Another library image...

The stained glass over the central hall, Osgoode Hall. (A fair amount of noise - due to shadow/highlight in ps I think).

The best cieling of the day in the Bank of Commerce building. It was once the tallest building in the British Empire. C.1931

More Commerce Court...

More...

More:

Outside of Commerce Court:

An Art Deco lamp..

A staircase at University College (University Of Toronto). I need to go back here with a tripod and really have a good time!...

More...

More...

One more from the Canada life building..

The Tokina is a decent performer. The distortion is noticable in some pics but it is very sharp. All of these were handheld.
I hope you enjoy them.
Rob.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow