Jobo GigaVu Pro firmware update

Started Apr 27, 2005 | Discussions thread
tex
tex
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,948Gear list
Like?
Re: WOW!
In reply to millan, May 23, 2005

don't know yet. in off-forum email exchange with another poster, he discovered from jobo that the external battery is about twice the capacity of the internal one, and that the external one is good for about 16mb of transfer. i infer then that the internal should be good for 6-8gb of transfer.

in my cam a 1gb card holds 63 raws and embedded hi res jpegs. i've transferred about 2/3 -3/4 of the caed to the jobo in 5-7 minutes[?]--haven't really timed it as i'm actually looking at my levels etc after transfer. this does not include verify, which is faster but still takes a few minutes.

this of course is consantly spinning the drive, as is zooming and some other functions.

frankly, my needs don't require the blazing speed/capacity some others deem crucial [i'm astounded how many photogs out there are shooting runway fashion, pro sports and motor sports exclusively, all this need for speed and capacity...], so being able to load between 380 and 500 shots on a charge seems kinda ok. with the external batt. that would be 1400 -1500 shots.....

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WOW!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow