Started May 16, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Polglch
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Back from desert...
May 16, 2005

I would really appreciate your comments on my pictures : I know nobody really interested in photography, so it would give me a feedback on what need most to be improved.

It was in the Tassilis of the Hoggar, south of Algeria

Very nice place for a trek, but hard to live in. No water, no people... Just those impressive canyons degrading slowly to thoses sand dunes... However, we can also see 3 000+ years old pictures on the walls of any cavern, picturing the same animals we see today in Kenya. Sometimes the ground is covered with pieces of pottery, tips of arrows...

The sand winds is hard on equipment, but being careful I had no problems despite sand going everywhere. I just had to be very careful when changing lenses. I did had a small spot on the sensor, but it was already there on the first picture... We slept outside with a temperature below freezing (no tent, just our sleeping bag, -7 °C one night) but that was no problem for the camera. We did not have real sand storms however except last day.

If you care, you can find more of them at http://lch.smugmug.com/Voyages/72049

Thanks again for your comments

Laurent

-- hide signature --

Laurent
lch.smugmug.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WOW!New
HeyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow