Started May 4, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grant Hamilton
Regular MemberPosts: 141
Like?
Stupid people are dumb.
May 4, 2005

I just thought I'd share an encounter I just had getting some prints made at a local pharmacy. If you read to the end, you will learn a new word. And it is a good one. Normally I wouldn't have prints made there but these are last minute Mother's Day gifts and I don't have time to get them printed elsewhere. Anyhoo...

I walked in and went to the photo counter. They have the Fuji Crystal Meth with the little kiosk or whatever it is called. I asked the little boy behind the counter if he knew what color space their printer was expecting from my images. After an uncomfortable silence (I swear I heard crickets chirping and a dog barking in the distance), he thought we ought to get the manager involved. I agreed. So he got on the blower and paged "Chiqeeta" (I am not making this up). Chiqeeta came over and I asked her about the color space. She confidently replied, "jaypeg."

Ooookay...so I said I would just make some test prints at 4x6 and we could check things out from there. So after a few minutes they came out of the machine and Chiqeeta sort of condescedingly told me that "See, they look good. The digital files all come out good." So I took a look and the red tulip photo ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/granthamilton/12214342/in/set-298174/ ) had all the reds at the bottom clipped. I showed this to Chiqeeta and explained that these were probably out of the gamut of her machine by saying that "It probably doesn't have enough reds." She lifted one eyebrow and told me that the reds looked fine but that "Prolly it don't habenuf magesta."

So that is my new favorite word...magesta.

And then we all lived happily ever after. The end.
--
Grant

You may want to try a forum search. This has been discussed here before.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Ha!New
hmmmNew
yesNew
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow