Shot my first prom last night...take a look.

Started May 2, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Primax
Contributing MemberPosts: 987
Like?
Shot my first prom last night...take a look.
May 2, 2005

Well, thanks to the help of alot of people from this forum and others on DPReview, i successfully(IMO) shot my first prom last night. The setup, which is in the diagram below, consisted of my being setup in a hall about 15ft wide(def not my choice) which every student had to pass thru to get to the dinner. I used 2 Norman ML400r's with shoot thru photoflex umbrellas, and the nikon D70 with a 28mm/2.8. I forget the actualy light settings, but ill get that later. The camera was setup at f8 at 1/125. The back drop was made by the students and i had nothing to do with it, but i think it worked out ok for what they had to work with.

I had 3 other people with to help me, 2 at the money table taking forms and giving change, and the other setting up poses. We ran thru 105 couples in just over 90minutes. I got there about 530 for setup, and the couples arrived about 630, and i was outta there by 845 or so. Everything ran fairly smooth except something kept setting off the pocketwizards to the strobes so i hd a few instances where they would flash about 5 times in a row for no reason, but it wasnt a big deal, just annoying to me but oh well. I then came back to the place about 10pm to shoot the senior guys and girls group shots. That was very infomral as the students came straight off the dance floor for one quick shot and then went right back. I wanted everyone to be in it, but left it optional to buy for $5 for a 5x7. All in all, it went smooth, so thanks for the help, ideas, and everything. Heres a few samples of the pics, the setup, and the packages i offered. if you have any questions or coments post them up. thanks again.

Forms:

Setup:

Sample Pic:

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow