ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Emerson
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
1DS MarkII problems with Focus and shooting to lap top
Apr 29, 2005

Hello all,

I'll start by saying that I used my 1DS professionally for nearly 2 years with ZERO problems, over thousands of shoots. Recently I upgraded to the 1DS MarkII and I am having MAJOR technical difficulties. My first and biggest problem is that I seem to be getting a very large amount of out of focus shots. Especially when taken with my 24-70 zoom, or in any back lit situation. The problem occurs whether in auto focus or manual focus mode.

My next and even bigger problem is shootong tethered to the lap top. Whether using photo professional capture, or canon utilities capture, the first few images come in fine, then after a few exposure they start going to the camera instead of the lap top. Then when I try to quit photo professional I get the spinning whell of death. I have to force quit. The same thing happens when I use my 1DS with the new software. I'm so frustrated by all these problems that I am seriously considering selling the 1DS MarkII and going back to my tried and true 1DS. Is anyone else experiencing these kinds of problems? Does anyone have a solution??????

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow