Started Apr 21, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vpierce
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Positive words on the D70 + image
Apr 21, 2005

Well I've decide to post here just to say that the D70 is a very nice camera for what it is. With all the various bashing of this and that I want to share some good points. I'm a FT professional photographer and primarily focus on weddings… surprise :o). I've owned the D1X and was very happy till the shutter went out after 2 years and needed something else. The D70 had very nice specs and the image quality seem good so I picked one up. Been using it for well over a year and I'm always pleased with the images I receive from it. Yes is does have some quarks, the focusing could be a little better but it is NOT a "pro" end camera and shouldn't necessarily act like one but the over all functionality of it is very nice. Using 1.8 and 2.8 glass does help the focusing and now with the release of this new D70s, it appears that the focusing may be updated. We'll wait and see. I also use custom white balance and shoot manually almost exclusively. And for the Canon readers, yes I though about switching but I have too much glass invested in Nikon and the "grass isn't always greener on the other side". Nikon, Canon… they are both excellent in their own areas. Like it has been stated over and over, it's not the camera that creates the image it's YOU.

Here is the idea for all people trying to decide on a manufacturer, just pick a camera, which ever one it is and have fun with it, don't worry so much about Canon having this or Nikon have that, just go shoot and have fun because that's what it's all about right? Just go have fun! You'll be pleased with your images whatever system you choose. Just take your time, LEARN your camera and capture your memories.

If you want to know anything else just ask, but I will not respond to any flames. Thanks.

Warm Regards,
Vincent Pierce Photography
Jacksonville, FL
Member: PPA, FPP, SPPA

That is a pic from a few days ago of my friend and model Jennifer who is very new to modeling.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow