ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe
Joe
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
WFT-E1 costs as much as a camera!!!!
Apr 20, 2005

I am just a breath away from getting my first DSLR - planned the route to the shop, got the wife diverted, cleared the credit card down etc.

Now I find that Canon have a Wifi thingy for their 20D - "most excellent!" an extra toy, no worrying about running out of storage etc which was one of my worries.

I love Wifi - got the house wired up thought this would be useful...except for the price of the thing. The cheapest I can find it in the UK is £680 which is more then the 350D (Rebel XT) kit.

How can this be justified? My laptop did not cost that and the wireless card was £30!

Mind you to the Mrs £1k for a DSLR san lens cannot be justified either so its all relative. Mind you she has just bought a £16k VW and I had to pay for that - but of course that was a necessity wasn't it!

BTW this post is meant for discussion in a most light harted manner its not a real rant - I was just surprised as my wish list has gone from £500 for a 300D to £2000 for a 20d + lens + wifi etc etc.

(Hope the bank manager is not looking)
(Any tips on getting this past the Mrs will be most appreciated)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow