Started Apr 20, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
Matting and framing
Apr 20, 2005

Five of my pictures are custom framed, way too expensive an option. When I do my own, I buy a frame and a mat and then just tape the print to the mat and stick it in the frame. That usually also means cropping my image, to fit the archaic non 3/2 standard mat sizes, bummer.

I notice at the camera club I just joined, that they put the print on something like white board before matting. I asked them how they did it, and they said, we have a class (next year). I guess it is a lot more complicated than I thought.

Mpix will send you a competition mounted print, but I don’t think it has a mat. My club wants a mat. I did order a framed image from Mpix and was very disappointed. The image was glued to a backing and my nice glossy metallic image shows the dimples from the board, looks like it was printed on a golf ball. They also come without mat or glass.

So the question, does anyone know of a good book on mounting and framing prints? It would be good it if also included mat cutting. The local library did not have a book.

-- hide signature --
 Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow