Started Apr 14, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Retsa Motohp
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Problem with too much business
Apr 14, 2005

I began photographing weddings professionally about two years ago. I charged about $800 for my first few weddings to gain experience and to obtain images for my portfolio. I then began offering packages ranging from $1600 to $3200. I quickly booked several weddings and raised my prices about 25 percent. As work of mouth got around about the "new" photographer in town with a unique style, I started to get dozens of calls each week from couples that wanted me to shoot their wedding. I have since raised my prices twice and now charge over $18,000 for my most basic package, and yet I am still turning down business.

So far, I have shoot all the weddings myself, with the help of one assistant. I am considering hiring experienced photographers and teaching them my techniques, but really don't feel comfortable with this idea. My other option is to raise my prices yet again.

From a business stand point, what would be my best move? Have any of you faces a similar problem? If so, what did you do?

Retsa

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
dudeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow