Just a heads up about a nice photo organizer program.

Started Mar 20, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigMike
Forum ProPosts: 12,506
Like?
Just a heads up about a nice photo organizer program.
Mar 20, 2005

Hi friends. I wanted to pass on some information about a photo organizer/viewer that I found last week. It's called "Smart Pix Manager" After a long search for a photo organizer that I though had all the features I wanted, I was all set to buy ACDSEE 7. After trialling "SPM" I ended up buying it instead.

SPM has extensive database abilities, but yet very simple to use. You can tag photos with keywords, descriptions and ratings. It has batch functions, which are excellent. Along with batch resize and converting formats, you can even do such things have it add a small amount of sharpening after resize, and/or add a frame to the shots. By frame, I mean the preferred small border type. For me the batch functions alone was worth the money.

I now use SPM to resize my photos, because it works better than even my editors. For quick touch-up, it has many editing options built in. It has support for raw files. It can archive your shots to CD or DVD. Support for slide-shows with transitions and music is also included. The search functions are extensive. You can have multiple separate databases. You can use the programs own viewer, or set it up to open shots in your favorite viewer or editor.

The program has many more features to numerous to list here. There is a trial version you can download, and the program only cost 37.50. I am very happy with this software, and thought you might like to know about it. Here's the URL if your interested. Have a great day!

http://www.xequte.com/smartpix/index.html

-- hide signature --

Once in a while, please check back several pages in the forum, for posts that may have been overlooked. Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow