20D Kit on eBay...guy offered me second chance deal.

Started Mar 20, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Negative3
Regular MemberPosts: 142
Like?
20D Kit on eBay...guy offered me second chance deal.
Mar 20, 2005

So this guy e-mails me and says his buyer backed out of the auction and he would be willing to sell me the unopened 20D Kit. I am of course skeptical so I lowball him for the price of $950.

I get an e-mail from him saying that he would agree. Of course I am further skeptical because he doesn't accept PayPal and only wants to use a money order or cashier's check or Western Union transfer. However, in his auction it states that COD is offered. That seems like the route to go in my opinion.

The guy has been an eBay member since 1/2003 and has 129 positive feedback with only 3 negatives (97.7%). One involved him not selling an item to someone because they had an unconfirmed address. Another involves him not wanted to sell to a Canadian buy per his auction's description. The last one says he refused to sell the item because the price was too low. He has sold many 20Ds in the past and many other high priced items so that is reassuring.

I guess the purpose of this diatribe is to ask if I should go through with this or just leave it alone because if it's too good to be true...it probably is.
--
http://www.canon350d.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NO!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow