MarkAM
Regular MemberPosts: 216
Like?
Buydig - 20D has used lens - alert letter
Mar 19, 2005

I sent this letter (email) today to customer servce at Buydig :

-- hide signature --

Hello Buydig

My 20D with kit lens order arrived last week. I inspected it very carefully and found that while the body is clearly new, the lens (kit lens, 18-55mm) is not. The lens has traces of grime on the edge of one ring, a tiny scratch on the outside, and the lens cap was clearly wiped over with a moist rag (faint signs of dried hard water in streaks).

I'm not sure why I was shipped a used lens, but I guess someone did not want theirs after using it for a while, and returned it.

I want to be reasonable about this. I'm prepared to give this lens a tryout and see if there are any problems. I'm very busy at the moment, so I may not be able to say for sure that this is a good copy of the lens for a month or two. Various forums on the internet where this camera is discussed (eg. http://www.dpreview.com ) mention that some of these kits lenses are faulty, and this makes me nervous.

Please acknowledge this email so that I have a record that you were informed of this situation in good time.

Sincerely
Mark XXXXXXX

----------------

Some of you think I am a whiner and too picky about this, but this is what I think is the right course of action, for ME. When I buy new I expect new. Call me old fashioned, possums.

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hey!New
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow