Started Mar 15, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gaog66
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Returned 20D, will stick with 300D
Mar 15, 2005

Just mailed it back. I have been comparing the 20D and 300D for the past ten days and really could not convince my heart that the improvement is worth another $1300.

Focus: in normal to bright light conditions, 20D and 300D are almost the same on 50/1.4 lens. 20D may be a bit faster, but 300D is fast enought. The advantage of 20D will show up at very dim light, but I seldom shoot under that circumstance.

Picture quality: amost no difference. the AWB of 20D is slightly better, but I shoot in raw, so it doesn't matter much.

Shutter sound: 20D is too loud. This attracts too much attention to me, which I do not deserve.

Continuous shooting: 20D is fantastic! But I mainly shoot portraits and scene, not sports.

In all, I feel I could not enjoy the improvements in 20D over 300D. My 20D's LCD is also a bit tilted. After thinking over night whether to return it or exchange for a new copy, I decide to send it back and use the extra money to buy a 580EX and a 85mm/1.8.

Hope I made a wise decision.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow