Started Mar 10, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mejacobs
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Questions from another possible E-300 purchaser
Mar 10, 2005

I plan on purchasing a dSLR before the end of the month. The two finalists are the Nikon D70 and the Olympus E-300. I am very tempted by the Olympus two-lens kit (especially since Amazon in the US also throws in a $100 Amazon certificate on top of the $100 rebate). I've read many of your comments on the E-300, and have no doubt it's a fine camera. But here are a couple of specific questions I have (and I'd very much appreciate any feedback from E-300 users):

1. Has anyone tried importing E-300 RAW photos to iPhoto 5? Apple's web site indicates that iPhoto is compatible with the C-8080 RAW. Does that mean RAW images from the E-300 should also work?

2. If iPhoto does not work, has anyone worked with E-300 RAW files on Photoshop Elements 3.0 on Mac OS X?

3. Has anyone done astrophotography with the E-300? I have a small Meade ETX that I'd like to use for some very basic astrophotography (Sun, moon, planets, mainly... objects that can be seen easily from an urban backyard). I'd be interested in knowing whether the equipment is even out there for mounting the E-300 on scopes (either prime focus or over an eyepiece). And if so, how the E-300 performs.

4. Finally, has anyone had any issues with build-quality of the kit lens? I noticed in a local camera store that the barrel on the 14-45 lens, when fully extended, was a bit wobbly. Is that normal?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow