ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fjp
fjp
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,145
Like?
My first images with D2x
Mar 3, 2005

Okay, so they're African Violets? What do you want? It's winter and until I get out into the wilderness this weekend, there's nothing else to take pictures of. Besides, African Violets are the most difficult subject matter I've ever tried to tackle. As beautiful as they are, they're nasty to photograph well. Was surprised I had to put so much positive exposure compensation in them. I wonder what's up with that? From past experience, I know the SB-800 is up to it, as I had great success doing this with the D70 without any exposure compensation at all. Something is not set up right.

So why am I shoving African Violets down your throat? Everyone is chomping at the bit to see images taken by the new D2x, so I'm posting my first efforts and they're African Violets. It is the middle of the week and by the time I get home, it is dark outside. I don't have my L-Bracket yet so I can't put the D2x up on a tripod. Therefore I have to hold the camera by hand. With no light, that means, the SB-800 flash. I tried bounce flash and I wasn't getting enough exposure. So all these plants are being pounded directly by the flash. This weekend, I'm heading into the wilderness and will bring some natural light photos back.

Here is the entire gallery for the die hard masochists among you:

http://www.pbase.com/fjp/av_2005_03_mar_02

And a few samples for the faint of heart:

-- hide signature --

FJP

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow