Started Feb 21, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
action74
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
unsharp images on 20D
Feb 21, 2005

I recently bought a 20D but previously owned a Rebel. After comparing some photos of the Rebel to the 20D I found that the Rebel pics were much sharper than the 20D. Any others have this problem of unsharp images from the 20D? I have used the kit lens 18-55 along with a 50mm 1.8/ 35-105/ 70-210. The pics are the same (unsharp) with all lenses. And the Rebel I had used the same lenses and got great pics!

Is there a setting that I may have set that is causing this? I have tried P1/P2 and custom setting of +2 Sharp/+2Contrast/+2 Sat. None seems to be any sharper than the other.

I did remember setting the CF for noise reduction on long exposures, but that shouldnt effect normal shots should it? I have also checked the Shutter Speed/Focul length value and am well over the recomended settings. I have even shot with a monopod and tripod with the center point manually chosen on a subject and it still came out soft in regular daylight. That was the tip off! That should be tack sharp, right?

Do I have a lemon or is it something else Im missing?

Thanks for any advice. How many others have had this "unsharp" problem?

action

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow