Started Feb 20, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daddy-mojo
Regular MemberPosts: 411
Like?
B & W Conversions
Feb 20, 2005

Hey all, came across another black & white conversion plug in for PS ( http://www.theimagingfactory.com ConvertToBW Pro)that seems quite impressive although its a bit pricey ($99, curious if anyone else seems to think that is a good deal or not). It simulates certain film/darkroom like processing when converting to b&w. You can pick your print filter # -1 - +5.0 (remember multi-grade papers?). Filter color filtration and even film types. Normaly when I do my conversions I'm always fairly happy with them, but quickly trying some test shots with this plug in got them there fast and they really seemed to look better (or I'm just easily impressed). I suppose this plug in would be of little interest to those who never spent time in a darkroom. They have a 30 day demo. I'll will try to post some examples myself. I read about it in Macworld.com on friday so I've got nothing to do with this company. Just passing on what looks like good info.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow