HEY PHIL..... Turn about is Fair play...

Started Feb 14, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Higuma
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,418
Like?
HEY PHIL..... Turn about is Fair play...
Feb 14, 2005

You know I really don't like getting into the "Let's Bash Phil Askey " threads but I have what I believe is a LEGIT complaint to be made...

Many people accuse Phil of bias - here it is mostly an accusation of bias AGAINST Olympus and I have even seen what resembles it a few times myself...

I feel bad for Phil in that he sometimes has a thankless job but - being a foreigner working in Japan - I am all too accustomed to never being thanked for much, most especially in my job...

Now... I was just reading the News section and came across the news bit about how KM has posted a firmware update for the D7D - it is only available in Japanese so far and so it's all a bit mysterious...

The one thing that struck me however was Phil's all too willingness to post an revised update to his review by stating that ...

Phil: As soon as Konica Minolta US and Europe post this update I will add some commentary to my Konica Minolta review, it's good to see Konica Minolta taking our (and those of the camera owners) complaints seriously.

Sorry Phil, but WTF.... 4 updates to the E-1 - - a big drop in price - - lenses starting to fall from the sky AND THE FIRST "BURP" OUT OF KM and you are ready to Update your Review... SHAME ON YOU...

THIS is is now PROOF POSITIVE that the owner of this sight is completely BIASED in his reporting...

You know Phil, I have really backed off jumping on your case prior to this but this is hypocracy...

The way I see it the best way for you to redeem yourself is by re-reviewing the E-1 with all the current firmware updates / price structuring and Lens availability issues and posting a FAIR and UP TO DATE review...

Consistency is the cornerstone of what you need to do to remain credible...

How about it ????

Cheers,

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow