Started Feb 7, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Captain Kidd
Regular MemberPosts: 162
Like?
Other ways to trigger the D70?
Feb 7, 2005

After seeing the thread about the sound activated flash trigger it got me thinking (scary ) about other ways of triggering the D70. I did a cursory search on other triggering methods and came up with the threads describing using a wireless link between two computers, one being indoors and the second being outdoors running Nikon Capture and hooked to the D70 so the photographer can trigger the D70 via wireless from the coziness of his/her own home which is a helluva cool idea. But what I am after is either an electric eye or motion detector that would trigger the D70 via Nikon Capture or something there abouts that I could setup at home and have it triggered when motion is detected or something breaks the beam on the electric eye. I have (2) cats and would love to setup my D70 to capture some of the things they do during the day. I know they are using my computer and e-mailing all their cat buddies and spamming all the dog related web sites :-). Serously though I think it would be pretty cool to see if I can get some good candid pictures of them chasing each other around and such. Since I don't have Nikon Capture (only the trial version which I haven't loaded) I don't know all the capabilities of the software. So any suggestions would be great.

B.Kidd

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow