Started Jan 25, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JulieB
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Children's Theater Production--Help!
Jan 25, 2005

I have an offer for a job. I'm not sure whether to take it, and if I do how to configure it. I would love feedback!

I've been asked to photograph a school play. There are about 200 kids in the play (elementary school). They would like me to take pictures of the dress rehearsal in action, individual shots of the children, and some medium sized group shots (not the whole 200 at once). They want to do this as a fundraiser for the school, so I would need to find a way to make money for the school as well as myself. I'm a bit concerned about getting all of those pictures in just a few hours. I'm also wondering if it would be a logistical nightmare. But, it sounds fun too, so I'm considering it. Last year a parent took the pictures and they were awful according to the woman I spoke with, and despite that they made about $500. So I'm guessing there's some potential.

So here are my questions:

1. How would you charge for this? Anything up front? Or just single prints, or packages? Minimum purchase? I would have online ordering and ordering the night of the performance.

2. How would you contribute to the school? A percentage of each sale? 10% on the first $500, and 20% after that or some such thing?

3. Logistically, any advice?

I would be grateful for any advice you can offer!

Julie

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow