Started Jan 23, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,249Gear list
Like?
OM 50mm F1.8 Proper test and conclusion
Jan 23, 2005

Well Folks I've done the Job properly with a Tripod and a fixed subject in good (if rather yellowy) sunlight on the E300..

The OM50 F1.8 is a definate bargain for those with the OM Adapter ring, this £20 marvel is very usable at F1.8, takes a big leap at F2.8 for contrast, Bokeh and colour as well as sharpness, it also seems to meter at its best at F2.8 and you can also focus the lens happily at this aperture - F4 is sharper again and this is about where the lens peaks, after that it's much the same right through to F16 bar DOF, there isn't really much noticable diffraction at F16 which is great..

ALL I can say is for Every owner of the OM adapter to get one as it's cheap, fast aperture and focusses smoothly - no it doesn't go to F22 like some and hasn't the fine Aperture steps of a Nikon MF lens (though you can wedge it inbetween settings of course) ..

100% Crops ACR RAW, E300 from F1.8 to 16 with a resized example of the whole scene included, about 975kb - obviously my focussing has to be taken into account ;-0

-- hide signature --

Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow