Does anyone truly love the 7D by Minolta?

Started Jan 14, 2005 | Discussions thread
garybday
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Does anyone truly love the 7D by Minolta?
In reply to Arimormax, Jan 19, 2005

was a big Minolta fan and considered the 7D. I was turned off by the merge of Konica with Minolta...Konica made a function but (in my opinion)

low quality camera compared to the other major players. I still have a Minolta Maxxum 9000 which I used to shoot some wedding pictures at my sons wedding Dec 23rd and the pictures are crisp and clear but the camera was giving me some grief when I turned if off and on...finally I just left it turned on. Anyway...to get back to the question...I've read a number of reviews of the Nikon D70, Canon EOS 20D and the Konica Minolta 7D and from what I can see the Canon has them beat. It is noiser (much) and a little slower then the Nikon D70 but the Canon 20D has features (ex. battery grip, stablizer lens etc) that has me leaning that direction. The Minolta 7D has the anti shake feature but I've become a little leary of Minolta in recent years...maybe it is just me but I don't want to spend a large chunk of change on something that is mediocre. Canon builds quality products....that's a fact and the company has been consistently building quality products for a number of years. I may be wrong but I think Minolta is losing ground.

Gary

Arimormax wrote:

I am in the market to purchase a new DSLR within the next several
weeks. I am also a very brand loyal consumer. (I already own
Minolta products.)However, after reading the forums and reviews for
the Canon 20D and Nikon D70, I am torn because I don't get the
sincere since or feeling that the Konica Minolta 7D owners are very
pleased with there purchases as much as the others. I don't here
things like "this is the best camera that I have ever owned", or "I
love it." Don’t get me wrong, I am reading some positive post, but
I am not feeling the love for this unit like I do when I read about
the others. It could be just my perception!

-- hide signature --

Gary

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow