ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RaymondC
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
My First Duck! Comment Please
Jan 19, 2005

Hello all,

I usually post to this site with various questions and comments but rarely post my actual work. So, after getting a 300 2.8 AFS last week, I decided to post some of my images in learning my new lens. I went to a little pond by my apartment in Atlanta, GA and got to be friends with this white duck. It just so happens they will pose for a camera all afternoon when you have peanuts. So please check out my pics and comment on how I may improve.

A couple things of note,

all of these pictures are taken with the D70 at either ISO 200 or 400. My post processing involved batch white balance and curves adjustment in Nikon Capture, followed by a complicated sharpening and noise reduction technique from the retouching forum (see link..... http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=11803624 ) This technique sharpens the edges, and removes noise from the surface areas....I like it a lot. And lastly, I think the images could probably benefit from a little more depth of field, what do you think?

Please comment if you have time, do you think Reznick's techniques could help?

300mm AFS-I, f/5.0

300mm AFS-I, f/5.0

300mm AFS-I, f/5.0

300mm AFS-I, f/5.0

70-200mm AFS-VR, 200mm, f/2.8

70-200mm AFS-VR, 70mm, f/2.8

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow