ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fbx
fbx
Senior MemberPosts: 2,291
Like?
Need comprehensive comparisons of photo editors
Jan 18, 2005

I'm looking for fairly thorough comparisons by knowledgeable reviewers of the full range of photo editors available. I don't care about Photoshop (I have it) but am really interested in something like Elements that is faster and cleaner. Elements 3 is a drag (IMHO) so I'm back at Elements 2, but I'm searching high and low for reviews of alternatives like Photo Impact and Paint Shop Pro and even Roxio's $29 (post rebate) entry.

If ACDSee were a little more reliable and a little cleaner and a little faster, well, I'd stick with it. I'm really afraid to do editing with it because it seems to have not very subtle controls. Photo Impact seems liek a pretty good editor so far (I'm using the trial) though it's a little slow. THe new Picasa 2 has too few tools as far as I can tell.

I need cropping, cloning, good picture quality adjustments (contrast, levels, etc), good type controls.

Any suggestions? Any large comparison reviews online that might help out? Thanks very much--

-- hide signature --

fbx

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow