Started Jan 17, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
twadger
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
C1 pro 3.6 vs Breezebrowser 2.11
Jan 17, 2005

Just downloaded new C1 pro v.3.6 to compare it with my usual raw converter, Breezebrowser, with a 20D raw file. Both images are 100% crops and have been converted with no colour or exposure correction before conversion to 16 bit Tiff. Sharpening was turned off in both programs.

In Photoshop both images have had Levels adjusted to the same amount, USM to 20,50,0 to bring up the contrast, Auto colour, USM to 300,0.3,0 then conversion to 8 bit and cropped. In short I've tried to keep both conversions as identical as possible.

Converted with C1 pro v.3.6

Converted with Breezebrowser v2.11

I have to agree with the many comments on these forums that the workflow of C1 is excellent but the amount of detail it extracts from the raw file seems to be lacking to me. Even if I apply the same amount of sharpening again to the C1 crop it doesn't come up to the detail level of the Breezebrowser conversion. If workflow speed is paramount then C1 may be worth it but personally I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about.

Comments, corrections welcome..........

twadger's gear list:twadger's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow