Pops
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,336
Like?
> > > Challenge 72 - Signs < < < part 2
Jan 15, 2005

The original thread (with rules!)
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1010&message=11723643

Challenge 72: Signs

For this challenge I want you to photograph signs. I have taken this definition from an online dictionary:-

1: A displayed structure bearing lettering or symbols, used to identify or advertise a place or business. For example a motel with a flashing neon sign outside.

2: A posted notice bearing a designation, direction, or command. For example an EXIT sign above a door; a traffic sign.

This is the major definition of what I expect to see. Hopefully you can get out and about to find a sign in a stunning location. Perhaps you can find one inside a factory or building. There are signs everywhere we go. Just try to use one to make an interesting image. Naturally, the sign must play a major part of your composition.

If you think you can do a convincing photo of a sign from God then great I'm all for creative thinking and slight rule bending but remember the voters will have the final say on whether they think your picture constitutes a sign or not. So don't push your luck

It's a brand new year..... some of you have got toys and camera goodies for Christmas so get out there and use them. If you've never entered the challenges before, now is the time. We all started somewhere. Please join in. It's a simple subject accessible by all.

Above all, have fun........

-- hide signature --

PBase.com/pops
'Remember, The wind is your friend.'

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow