Started Jan 13, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DCSteve
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Like?
Baffled by switchers
Jan 13, 2005

I admit I enjoy reading the people complaining about the D2X pricing, announcing that they are switching, etc. -- it's kind of like viewing a crash scene.

At the same time, I really don't understand why people who are switching from Nikon to Canon feel the need to publicly proclaim the fact. First, why should I care? It doesn't make my life better or worse, although if it spurs forum fights, maybe it makes my life better.

Second, what's the objective? For example, earlier today "Skysnake" announced he is selling his Nikon equipment and buying Canon. Similarly, "Garrett Lucas" announced he was going to invest in Canon, rather than Nikon. Who cares? All of you who announced your intention to buy Canon, are you bragging? Trying to get others to follow? Trying to validate your decision? Bored?

None of it really matters. I'm still looking forward to the day when I can honestly blame my equipment for a bad image. However, these posts do cause me to scratch my head periodically. What's thought-provoking is not the substance of these posts, but the reason behind them.

DC Steve

DCSteve's gear list:DCSteve's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow