ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Carlo
Regular MemberPosts: 318
Like?
For Ron Baird
Jan 9, 2005

Ron,

Can you please review this thread? I believe many people will agree that the answer given where not the best. Maybe you can shed some light on the questions and provide a better answer then your colleagues.

Thanks in advance

Carlo

Here is the original question and answers and below is the link to the original thred.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1011&message=11578444

Original message follows:
-------------------------

Question? I have purchased the lense adaptor and the UV filter for my camera. Now in the camera it has a setting for AF control. With the adaptor and the UV filter on do I set it to Accessory Lens AF witch only uses uses TTL-AF or can I still use the Single AF which uses external AF sensor and TTL-AF.

If I need to use the Accessory Lens option how much is the camera crippled buy not being able to us its external AF sensor. And if it is what typeb,"s of problems would the camera have with only using TTL-AF.

I hope what I wrote makes sense a little to much egg nog tonight.

Thanks,

Carlo

-- hide signature --

Original Message-----
Sent: January 3, 2005 5:48 PM
Subject: KODAK EASYSHARE DX7590 Zoom Digital Camera (KMM7490545C0KM)

Greetings Carlo,

We have received your e-mail regarding the KODAK EASYSHARE DX7590 Zoom Digital Camera.

You have to use the Accessory Lens AF setting whenever the lens adapter is in place because the adapter interferes with the line of sight of the external AF sensors.

We are glad to be of service and are here for you if you need us in the future. If you do, please reply "with history."

Regards,

Kodak Information and Technical Support

Original message follows:
-------------------------

Thanks for your response but I still would like to know what effect the AF has on the camera when it is not in use. For example is speed, focus etc. affected by this.

Carlo

Greetings Carlo,

Thank you for your reply.

Automatic Focusing (AF) automatically brings the lens into sharp focus on the subject. The most common method works on the same principle as the rangefinder, using 2 mirrors w/in the camera to compare 2 views of the same scene. Other systems use ultrasonic waves or a beam of infrared light. The sound or light waves bounce back from the subject, enabling a receiver on the camera to calculate how far away the subject is and adjust the lens accordingly.

We are glad to be of service and are here for you if you need us in the future. If you do, please reply "with history."

Regards,

KODAK Information and Technical Support

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow