ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
saiko
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
why DSLRs ?!?
Jan 4, 2005

this might be a dumb question....but still i cant stop asking it,
to get some answer from Prof.,Semi-prof or ameture world of photography....

in past few years photography has gone through a major change, digital photography is taking over analog medium(or may have already taken over!), faster than anyone would have expected.....

earlier SLRs were prefered by most of the photographer as it had the unique feature of 'seeing through the lens' compared to rangefinder or other cheaper point-and-soot cameras.....

i wonder why DSLRs are still prefered...!..

as the 'seeing though the lenses' is no more unique to SLRs, as, even the cheapest possible digicam with a LCD at its back can do the same,

on the other hand dslr has some 'problems',

it cant show 100% what the lens is seeing and

u cant use that in LCD as the mirror/prism is infront of the CCD till the time u release the shutter...
u cant shoot video (which is of coruse, not an impotant feature)

i dont see much problem with high res electronic viewfinder except the timelag(which is not a problem in most of the situations)

so why the DSLRs are made, is it because of people cant get out of the SLR-hang over of the past few dacades, or just because the 'professional' or 'wannabe prfessional' cameras are prefered to have the 'SLR' tag attached to it.....

in my opinion(!!!) now there should be a new kind of camera replacing the SLR or DSLR...
which should have...
A fast responsing Electronic viewfinder and interchangable Lens.

and should get rid of the pentaprisim sytem....

i might be entirely wrong as i am not a professional
but i would like to know ur opinion....

thanks for ur time...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow