ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
garyh001
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
S2 vs S3 image comparison
Dec 15, 2004

Hi all,

No apologies for the fact that these aren't "pretty" pictures, but they were specifically designed to show the relative capabilities of the S2 against the S3. They were shot in my flat in Auckland, and deliberately exposed for the curtain on the left to blow out the highlights through the windows to see what happened.

As you can see, the DR claims of the S3 seem well founded. I'm impressed.

Go to http://www.pbase.com/ghewlett

I've been thinking about the whole issue of speed of the camera too. Lots of people on this forum have been complaining about the lack of frames/sec that you can squeeze out of the S3, but I remember when I first used my Rolleiflex - the whole way of using the camera was such that you HAD to slow down. I was lucky to get 1 frame per minute, never mind 2fps out of it! BUT, my pictures were the best I've ever taken (both artistically and from an image "quality" point of view).

Fuji seem to have gone all out for image quality on the S3, admittedly at the expense of speed, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. Maybe slowing down and taking a more considered approach to each frame might make the end product better....?

Just a thought.

Gary

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WOW!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow