Noise Processing Questions...Why do you do what you do?

Started Dec 7, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RaymondC
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
Noise Processing Questions...Why do you do what you do?
Dec 7, 2004

All,

I couple weeks ago Yves posted a thread about his digital processing technique and all the ins and outs of his workflow. In his post he states that he applies noise reduction in steps, as a layer with low opacity (I think) and then flattens after each step. Over the weekend I had the oppurtunity to shoot the Georgia Tech v. Georgia basketball game in Atlanta and in processing my images last night I was playing with the different types of noise reduction that I am aware of. So I compared Neat Image to Grain Surgury, Noise Ninja, etc. and also looked at the "layer method" that Yves described.

Which brings my to my question, why do you do what you do? Why is one technique better than the other? More direcetly for Yves, what is the advantage of layering? Does anyone have anohter technique they would like to share that they feel is useful?

This evening I will post some images for comparison but I am interested in how everyone handles noise, and what they like or dislike about their personal technique.

Thanks,
Raymond

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow